We are looking for volunteers, aged 18-80+, to join our teams at Skegness & Mablethorpe. read more
We are a non-profit charity reliant on sponsorship and donations. Please consider contributing.
National Coastwatch East Coast includes two watch stations: NCI Skegness QAVS and NCI Mablethorpe QAVS.
Our role is to watch out for your safety when you are using the sea or beach on our particular part of the shore.
Our Stations are manned totally by a dedicated group of volunteers.
We are part of the National Coastwatch Institution, which is comprised of a chain of stations that circle our country’s coastline. Funding from sponsors, donors and our own fundraising activities provides the finance that keeps us ‘afloat’.
We watch out for danger, or potential problems, to:
- commercial and recreational shipping
- leisure craft and water sport
- activities – (eg jet skis, dinghy’s, body boards)
- swimmers in difficulties
- beach users
- lost children
In addition, we have also been able to deal with:
- the rescue of seals and birds from the beach,
- large beached debris including munitions,
- carcasses which we report to the authorities for removal.
NCI National Enquiries
0300 111 1202 or
0845 460 1202
It is important that we use the best methods at our disposal to help us in our watch. We use:
- AIS & NAVTEX technology,
- Weather Display Software.